Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Monday, June 13, 2011

To Sleep, Perchance to SLEEP

Most days, I am up by 6:00 a.m., and don't retire until after midnight. Sometimes, I nod off in the recliner while watching TV around nine or ten. I'm not bragging about the amazing amount of time I waste throughout the day. Merely pointing out that if my boys need me for something, I am there. I am accessible. It's not like I run a multimillion dollar corporation, and employ nannies, and require an appointment to command my undivided attention.

This afternoon, I was dragging. All that doing nothing really wore me out. I had arisen early to watch out the window for an impending thunderstorm to blow me away. I woke Genius so he could take pictures of gumball-sized hailstones. Funny thing. Genius said his fancy-shmancy camera would not be able to capture the hailstones. That was news to me, since he had taken excellent raindrop pictures with his OLD camera,




and lightning flashes with both. Odd how those hailstones moved faster than lightning and a splashing raindrop. Besides, it was 9:00 a.m. He'd had enough beauty rest. Yet after one look at those unphotogenic hailstones, Genius crawled back in bed until I made him get up at 11:00.

The Pony and I made a trip to town. Picked up the mail. I saw to it that both boys had lunch. Tossed in a load of laundry. Emptied the dehumidifier. Not exactly an Olympic contender's workout. But I was tired. At 2:00, I laid down for a short nap. At 2:20, Genius waltzed into my boudoir with his laptop, and proceeded to quiz me on which photo would be the best to submit to a contest. Something he could not have done before or after my short nap, of course, because he was sleeping.

I had to wake him for supper at 5:00. I expect him to clomp downstairs around 10:30 p.m. to wake me from my recliner slumber for another vitally important decision.

2 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Cool raindrop splash. My husband and I can sit without speaking, watching TV, but the minute my eyes close for a five minute cat nap, he speaks and startles me awake, pops that loud recliner handle or bangs a door. "OH I didn't know youw ere sleeping, go back to sleep." Yeah! My nervous system looks like a lightning bolt.

Val said...

Linda,
My son had a set of four raindrop pictures. You could put them on order by the splash.

It's rare that my men actually talk to me to wake me. I usually open my eyes to a face about an inch away from mine. Then: "Are you awake?"

The startling noise thing? Yeah. They do that. Then I ask them if they have a defibrillator to restart my heart.