Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dear Crabby, 4-26-11

Well, the weekend slipped by, and Dear Crabby was not in the house. But she's here now, ready and positively eager to take your questions. No inquiry is too small or too large. Dear Crabby is willing to devote her meager spare time to helping those with burning issues. Give her something to type about. Or gripe about.

Here's one to kick things off:

Dear Crabby, 
Is it true that you can't go home again?
Signed, Homebody

Dear Homebody,
Of course you can go home again. But please note that when you do, you will be suckered into a game of CatchPhrase with your sister, who will take her twenty-one-year-old daughter who owns the game as her partner, along with your sixteen-year-old son, leaving you with a seventy-seven-year-old woman and a thirteen-year-old boy, neither of whom are familiar with the Beatles hit "Hey, Jude," or the fact that "tassels" grow on the tops of ears of corn, or that Dolly Parton's first song was about her corncob doll, Little Tiny Tasseltop, and the only thing that will allow you to score ONE point all afternoon is that the thirteen-year-old knows that strippers wear tassels.

Dear Crabby awaits your questions.

8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

ROFLMAO
My grandkid said this is a short version of rolling on the floor laughing my ass off. Those teenagers know it all.

Val said...

Linda,
Yes, your grandkid is right. Using that lingo makes you really hip. I'm sure that's how the kids refer to it these days.

Sharon Wilfong said...

That was funny. I'm now following you from BPOW and I'm going to read some of your other posts.

Val said...

Sharon,
Thank you. Hope you find some good ones. Sometimes, I produce a pearl. Other times, it's just an irritating piece of grit.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Haha! That's hilarious!! And I LOVE how you got your name!!

Hope your weekend is as good as you've made mine!!

Val said...

Red,
Thanks. Here's one of my favorite Aussie blogs:

http://idontdomornings.blogspot.com/

I guess that's kind of like you referring me to one of your favorite Missouri blogs.

Maryhocam said...

This post made me laugh out loud. Thanks. Also love how you got your name. I'll be following your blog from now on.

Val said...

hocam,
Thanks for following. I returned the favor. My teenage son is a photography fanatic. I think he will enjoy your photos.