Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Sunday, June 3, 2012

At Least it Wasn't Chucky

I am sorely lacking in blog fodder this evening. So I am gifting my readers with a random photo from my whirlwind Backroads lifestyle. The item in this picture was posed by my rosebush for camera purposes. But it was not my item. I found it on the porch one morning, much to my chagrin. A dog was involved.


Some people might think finding a random devil on their porch is a good omen. I am not one of those people. It creeped me the not-heaven out.



I have other photos with the subject and the canine culprit. There's a story there somewhere. I am considering submitting it to Not Your Mother's Book...On Dogs. And since I am a firm believer in Even Steven, I could also throw in a story on my rescued pup, Juno. The sweet to balance the sour. Like those Sour Patch Kids in literary canine form.


Feel free to leave me a comment about what, in your opinion, this little devil could be thinking.

6 comments:

Cathy C. Hall said...

Oh, that's easy. That little devil is thinking "If Val thought the hairball was bad, just wait till she sees what I left on her hood THIS time."

Sioux Roslawski said...

Val--They are especially looking for "rescue" stories, and you certainly rescued Juno. Work on it. I think your humor and voice would be a welcome change for them; in other words, I think a story from you would be snapped up. Get busy. The deadline will be here sooner than you think.

My prodding has sapped my energy from me. Sorry...no idea of what that devil is thinking, except maybe, 'Rubinesque women are coming back into popularity. Eat those cookies. Drink that Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai Tea. Avoid exercise--it's truly evil.'

Leenie said...

Have there been any stories in your local paper about a satanic cult in the woods leaving voodoo dolls to mark the next place for cursing?

Linda O'Connell said...

"Not-heaven" hahahaha. Don't take that thing into your house. It will stir up the spirits banging around.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Has that little devil been lurking around the kampground? I think he was here over the holiday weekend, then came your way .....

Val said...

Cathy C.,
The devil must have had a hand in the hairball incident. Hick reached over to swipe it off the other day, and the base of it remained cemented to the hood. Of course he gave up immediately.

*******************
Sioux,
I think you are a professional cheerleader. The teacher act is just a cover.

*******************
Leenie,
No. But now that you mention it, there WAS a satanic cult that used to meet at the junction of our county road and the lettered highway. They kept leaving severed cat ears behind, under the old bridge. After a few stories in the local paper, they took their devil business elsewhere.

****************
Linda,
I would not dream of bringing that thing into my house. It actually appeared a few years ago, and I forbade the boys to bring it in. Funny how it happened during a week of extra-active paranormal goings-on. It's all on one of my old blogs.

***************
Kathy,
Next time, you keep him there. I'm sure he's not paid up, and he probably trashed your bathroom.