Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Val Slam-Dunks, with Flames Licking at Her Nikes

My local writing group meets next week. You know, the group I attended for the first time in June, and nobody showed up but the leader. Group was canceled in July, due to too many people reporting that they could not attend. And in August, it was the evening of my first day of school. So I have not been back since that initial time. I was unable to find a report of September's meeting online. I don't know if they met or not, because I completely forgot about it until I was sitting at home halfway through meeting time.

Now I see that the location has been changed from the library in my town to a church gym in a neighboring town.

I think I will simply let my group membership lapse. It's not like I'm afraid to set foot in a church because I might burst into flames. Or that I begrudge anybody their right to worship as they see fit. I just don't feel comfortable meeting in the church gym. What if an exercise routine accidentally breaks out? To me, a library means books. Reading. Writing.

A church gym? Not so much.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Doesn't sound like an enthusiastic group anyway.

Val said...

Kathy,
Nope. Because they missed out on the debut of Val. So I must now withhold my sunny personality from them.