Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Objects in Moth Eyes Are Less Sweet Than They Appear

Greetings, humanoids. I come in peace.

Actually, I came by accident. One minute, I'm flying around scouting the terrain, and the next minute I'm landing on what I think is a fine field of cotton candy, the kind movie theaters sell in foil pouches for outrageous fees. But once I set down, I discovered the dirty secret of this little landing strip. And I do not mean "landing strip" as in that euphemism you humanoids use to refer to sleekly-groomed lady-parts. No. I mean it as a narrow area on which I gingerly unfurled my six legs in order to rest my leafy wings.

Who would have suspected, from this kaleidoscope of colors, that I was about to take a load off on a puppy's afghan? Not I. That's for sure. And to amp up the embarrassment factor exponentially, that tawny striped pie-headed cat had to begin kneading said afghan while staring right through me. You would think a three-foot-high porch rail overlooking a ten-foot drop would put the kibosh on such predators. But not in this chicken-infested heck-hole. I've lost many a colleague to those gnashing beaks. Now I must also concern myself with the mountain-goat of felines.

With your world so fraught with danger, I declare this mission officially aborted. I shall seek my tasty spun sugar elsewhere. And with that, I take my leave...


6 comments:

Bailey Hammond said...

Haha! I just scrolled down and read some of your posts and I couldn't stop laughing! Consider yourself newly followed by this girl! (You can thank...whoever it was that linked to you for the PIF Blogfest.)

C D Meetens said...

Poor moth! I can see why it might have thought it was landing in sugary territory though ;).

Linda O'Connell said...

Once I was lounging on my back in the water at Johnson Shut Ins. I opened my eyes to discover a dozen dragon flies splayed on the pink flowers on my swimsuit top, trying to get at the nectar. It was amazing, really.

Val said...

Bailey,
Well, I already thanked Josh Hoyt, who linked me at The Blog That Helps You Diagnose Your Characters. theforsakenpetal.blogspot.com

Welcome!

*************************
CD,
In real life, the afghan is not quite so bright as it turned out on my son's phone camera. The first thing I thought of when viewing the pic was the balls of cotton candy in those foil bags.

No wonder my mom donated a perfectly good afghan to a found puppy!

**********************
Linda,
One woman's "amazing" is this woman's "creepy".

Just like when The Pony and I opened the lid on a wooden box built for kittens to sleep in long ago, in order to ready it for our puppy, and found a huge wasp nest. The Pony marveled at its size. I was horrified that we almost put a puppy in there with it.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I always wonder what the smallest creatures must be thinking ....
but, I am, after all, a wonderer.

Val said...

Kathy,
Yeah. I think Donna Summer did a song about you. But she spelled it wrong.