Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Friday, October 21, 2011

An Alarming Discovery

I had a really good story to tell you tonight. I sat down and started typing, words flowing at the speed of a rival district's school buses. The more I typed, the more the tale seemed hauntingly familiar. Perhaps it was because I had related the details to several people right after the incident. Surely that was the explanation. I am not a plagiarist.

Unless I steal from myself. I went into my 240 posts. And found strikingly similar details in a vignette set to appear next Thursday. Call 911. Get the handcuffs ready. I plan to prosecute myself, unless I make myself an offer I can't refuse.

Now I am left without an idea. Bereft of inspiration. So allow me to turn the spotlight on you, my readership. I know. It seems terribly unnatural to me, too. But humor me.

WOULD YOU RATHER...

1. Mix your green beans with your mashed potatoes so they are easier to keep on the fork, or have your food separated by compartments in a cafeteria tray?

2. Allow a daddy-long-legs to roam about your classroom from the point of discovery right in front of your desk while your students clamor about it all hour, or accidentally fail to stop an eager future-exterminator from stomping on it and grinding it into the linoleum tile?

3. Waste readers' time with an effort such as this, or turn out the lights on your blog for the night, posting nothing at all?

7 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Pick that dang Daddy Long Legs up and let it run up and down my arm.

Bailey Hammond said...

Hmm, my OCD says to keep food separated, no matter the inconvenience. I'm a big fan of granddaddy long-legs, but I also like stomping on stuff, so the second WYR is a stalemate. As for the posting stuff without a real point, I say, "Always."

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm not a food mixer! Crap, hope I've never repeated a blog post.

BECKY said...

Don't mix my food.

I absolutely HATE daddy-long-legs. They give me the creeps and it goes all the way back to my childhood. They'd get smashed,instead of my potatoes!

I don't feel as if I've ever wasted my time reading your blog, no matter what junk..I mean good stuff..you post! :)

Val said...

Linda,
You are SO Halloween-oriented! Perhaps you can find a way to candy the legs and serve them to the students.

******************************
Bailey,
I shall take your advice, and continue posting stuff with no point.

******************************
Alex J.
Don't worry. I'm not going to comb through your archives in an effort to point out a rerun.

******************************
Becky,
It's good to know that you consider my junk read-worthy. Now I don't have to feel like one of Elaine's suitors, fearing that I'm not sponge-worthy.

BECKY said...

Ha!! One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes!! LOL

Val said...

Becky,
I am partial to The Hamptons. Both Elaine and the BAY-BEEEE are quite breathtaking, you know. And George has to deal with shrinkage, and feeds Kramer's stolen lobster to Jerry's kosher girlfriend in the scrambled eggs.