Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oh, What Fun it is to Ride in a Car that Plays Christmas Music 24/7

I have been listening to Christmas music every day for the last month. But I can't get into the Christmas spirit until I have some frosty weather. Sixty degrees is not cutting it for Val's good cheer. The Pony is still asking to wear shorts to school. And I can't find a good reason to refuse.

This week, I recorded Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. That's because The Pony wouldn't watch it with me. I'm waiting for A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Then we're going to have a triple-header holiday viewing bash. Even better, I might dig out my DVD of Home Alone. The original. That Lost in New York one is too sad, because of the pigeon lady. The Pony is going to watch, and he is going to like them, by cracky! Even if I have to hobble him. He'd better be on his best behavior, or I'll throw in A Christmas Story.

That should do it, don't you think? Forcing The Pony to watch Christmas fare will put me in a holiday mood. That, and the meteorologists flipping out over some snowflakes that might arrive early next week.

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Hey Val! You're so cute! I love all those old shows and movies, too. What is it about them (or us) that makes us want to watch them over and over? Tradition, Memories, etc. I love your line about the weather guys "flipping out over some snowflakes"... :)

Sioux Roslawski said...

"Frosty the Snowman" with Burl Ives is another good one.

Linda O'Connell said...

The Christmas Story is my all time favorite! Harness the Pony and make him watch the marathon.

Val said...

Becky,
I like Rudolph because of the stop-action format. Not a cartoon. Plus, that elf's swoop of hair is ridiculous. It fascinates me.

For years, I've tried to make this a tradition. But my boys have computer games and fancy phone gewgaws and little patience. And, well, THEY'RE BOYS! Maybe I can get my 21-year-old niece to come over and watch with me.

***********************
Sioux,
I should sit down and watch Frosty. For some reason, we skipped over him in my childhood. Maybe we had to go to bed. Or leave my grandma's house to go home. I do, however, love Burl Ives riding the Norelco shaver.

***********************
Linda,
The Pony tells me he's seen it. ONCE. Like that would get him out of it! I'll bet he doesn't even know what a double-dog dare is.