Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Catering Service is Limited

As I begin today's post, I am a bit nonplussed.

One of the leading search terms that landed people at this blog this week was "hairdos for fat people". While I do not begrudge proper-BMI-challenged folk the right to a kick-butt coiffure, I am not so sure they will find what they need here at Unbagging the Cats. I've discussed bad hairstyles, and my personal stylist, the Butcher of Seville. But I don't recall advocating one specific hairdo that was flattering for fats. Go figure. Believe me, if I knew of one, I would be the proud Poster Val, and display a banner of my likeness.

I could understand if people with bladder-control issues showed up at my virtual door, after my post about the gas-station-chicken checkout line used the word "incontinence" in the second sentence. While they are not my target audience, it's a fairly large demographic, if we are to judge from the number of pharmaceutical commercials featuring full water-balloon class-reunion attendees and leaky pipe people taking drives in their pipemobiles.

Now that I've mentioned that topic again, even more might drop in. Any traffic is good traffic, right? Surely they have a sense of humor. Maybe a few will check in regularly. I promise to strive to keep my writing at a wry smile level, to prevent inopportune bladder leakage. No ROFL allowed.

But I'll be darned if I'll cater to those "fat proboscis monkey" people.

No comments: