Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One Down

I have been hard at work on a submission for the Storm Country anthology. How uncharacteristic of me to have something ready before the deadline. I think I still have 48 hours to spare. That's an eon in Val Time.

I have titled my little slice of weather "Icepocalypse '06 and the Fat Red Pinky Finger". I have no idea whether it will be chosen, but one thing is certain. If I don't send anything in, there's a 100% chance I won't be included in the anthology.

Seriously. Who doesn't want to read about a fat red pinky finger?

8 comments:

BECKY said...

Yay, Val!! Congrats on making it WAY before the deadline! I hope your story makes it, because I for one, would LOVE to read about a fat red pinky finger!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Count me in, too. Actually, I have a whole shelf on my bookcase dedicated SOLELY to stories about fat red pinky fingers. If your story makes it, I will put the anthology on that shelf right alongside the many, many other fat red pinky books...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Deadlines .... hate them. I seem to work well under pressure. I managed to get the birthday card sent to my mother-in-law. Mailed it on her birthday, then happened to remember that Father's Day had come and gone without me sending out the carefully chosen card to my dad. I am all set for next year now ....

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Val,
The title alone should guarantee you get included in the anthology.
Donna

Tammy said...

The title is indeed tantalizing. Good luck!

Val said...

Becky,
I feel so efficient!

****************************
Sioux,
Well then. That would make you my target audience. As well as a connoisseur of fine literature.

****************************
Kathy,
I did the same thing with my mother's birthday card this year. I picked it out two weeks early, then forgot to take it along when I went to visit her on her birthday.

*****************************
Donna,
I'd like to think I have a knack for catchy titles. It's the rest of it that needs practice.

*****************************
Tammy,
Thanks for the title appreciation.

labbie1 said...

It's got me curious...

Val said...

labbie,
So it looks like my attention-getting ploy was successful...