Unbagging the Cats 1

Unbagging the Cats 1

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting to Know Me

For my new guests who might be stopping by, I feel that it is only fair to warn you that I normally blog here. I've got years and years of livin' tucked up underneath my arms. Oops! Those are the lyrics for Lacy J. Dalton's 16th Avenue. What I meant to say is that I'm no spring chicken when it comes to blogging. Please bear with me while I whip this new site into shape.

Here are a few facts about me:

 *I love to write in cliches. Why think up new ways to use words when somebody else has already done the work for you?

*I am a bit high-strung. Thus, my disturbing cat icon.

*My name is not really Val. But I was valedictorian of my high school class. (Just in case there's some special award like a Christmas Story leg-lamp in it for me).

*There's nothing I like better than using prepositions to end sentences with.

*I visit a lot of blogs, but I'm mostly a lurker. No need to open my fingers and reveal myself a fool when I can keep my fingers closed, as the updated saying goes.

*In case you haven't noticed, I love to talk about me. ME, ME, ME! Me on a plate with me sauce, served up at a dinner honoring ME!

*Some people find me hard to take. My husband, for instance. He once told me that I could drive a sane man crazy. I told him one thing was for sure: I could drive the SAME man crazy. Blindfolded, with one hand tied behind my back.

*I love to write. Sometimes, it's just to entertain moi. I crack myself up. Preposition alert! I thought about trying to correct my little problem, but, "Up, I crack myself," does not have the same ring to it.


I hope I haven't frightened you away. I feel like Christopher Walken as The Continental on SNL, but without the creepy sexual overtones. I've lured you in, but you keep trying to escape. I'm harmless. Really.

No comments: